Assistant Professor of Marketing
I am an Assistant Professor of Marketing at the Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University. I obtained my PhD from Cornell University in 2021.
My research examines how computer vision, natural language processing, and machine learning methods can enrich managers’ and regulators’ understanding of consumer and firm behavior.
I also hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, and B.Tech. Mechanical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
*Indicates equal authorship
Smoke and Mirrors: Impact of E-Cigarette Taxes on Underage Social Media Posting
(with Vrinda Kadiyali)
Revise and Resubmit at Marketing Science
Do Employee Opinions About Sales Practices Contain Pertinent Information? Evidence from the US Banking Industry
(with Vrinda Kadiyali and Vishal Narayan)
Select Work in Progress
Polarization in Covid Vaccine Discussions on Twitter
(with Dinesh Puranam and Vrinda Kadiyali)
Awards and Grants
- 2020 Vithala R. and Saroj V. Rao ISMS Doctoral Dissertation Award
- 2019 Shankar-Spiegel Dissertation Proposal Award
- 2020 AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- 2020 ISMS Doctoral Consortium Fellow
- 2020 Dyckman Research Grant, Cornell University
- 2019 Byron E. Grote, MS ’77, Ph.D. ’81 Johnson Professional Scholarship
- 2019 Dyckman Research Grant, Cornell University
- Graduate School Conference Travel Grant, Cornell University (2017)